Saturday, December 10, 2011

SherRee's Version of TH Tag #9


http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/12/12-tags-of-christmastag-9.html

I did the background last night for this tag last night. I was disappointed how it turned out so decide to go back to it today. When I first did the background on this tag I had visions of it looking totally different. I used a metallic gold for the leaves but it looks tan because of the clear embossing powder. Now I know if I want something to look tan just use gold and put clear embossing powder on it. I think that's how most of use learn to do different things with different products. 

This afternoon I went back to the tag and it all came together for me. I didn't have the candle stick so I used the Alterations pine tree and the deer. I didn't do much to the reindeer other then the canvas and the wire around it's neck. I think the wire stuff around the neck really set the whole tag off.  I am glad I went with my instincts and purchased it.  When I bought it I had no idea what I was going to do with it.  

On the tree I used the Distress pine green, rock candy crackle which when I heated right away bubbles and melts so it looks like snow. I use a little of the snow cap white Distress paint and then put a little of the new Distress Stickles picket fence over that. When you heat up wet grungepaper it curls and buckles and I like the effect for the tree. I put cream colored lace and pearls on the bottom. The string around the trunk I colored with a Distress walnut ink pad. I also dyed the ribbon with the new Distress evergreen and gold perfect pearls and water. The flourish is the mini flourish and gold paper. 

The Noel is from K & Company and the stamp for the background is from Impression Obsession.


No comments:

Post a Comment