Monday, November 12, 2012

Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge #146


Back when I worked at Wingdoodle I did several parties for Operation Write Home making cards for the service men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan.  My son is full time Army and was in Korea last year and is now stationed in Colorado Springs.  My daughter is Army National Guard here in New Hampshire and leaves for Afghanistan in February.  I have decided to get back into card making after taking the last year off after getting laid off because the store closed.  Operation Write Home seemed the perfect thing to get involved in again.


I decided to start doing the sketch challenges on their blog http://operationwritehome.org/sketch-challenge-146/ it really does help your creativity. Guy cards are really hard to make sometimes but I thought using the browns worked well making it look masculine and the blues, lavenders and butterflies made the same layout look feminine.   

8 comments:

  1. Great cards and a great way to honor your children's service to our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards! great colors! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really nice to get the comments. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful and have such a lovely sentiment. I really like seeing one with masculine colors and one with feminine colors...what a great idea! These are both so very nice and such a wonderful way to honor your children. So glad you are getting back into card making, as it is obviously a gift you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others that OWH cardmaking is a great way to honor your children! These are wonderful and I love how you did two different takes on the sketch! I like the sketches, too. Although I had a lot of books on cardmaking, I'd tend to get in a design rut before being challenged every Sunday. I'll keep you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers. We had two nephews do multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and i know it's not easy being home worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I absolutely love the sentiment on these - perfect for OWH! Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're back and making cards for OWH, because these are wonderful! I love the M&F versions of the same card. I love that sentiment too! Would you care to mention who makes the stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stamp comes from Verses Rubber Stamps. I am sorry I didn't mention where it came from on the post.

    ReplyDelete