Wednesday, December 7, 2011

TH 12 Tags of Christmas #5

http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/12/12-tags-of-christmastag-5.html

So I started working on this tag 2 days ago.  I don't have the reflections stamps so I used a distressed flourish for my background.  One thing I learned with this technique is to not wipe but blot immediately after you stamp.  I wasn't to pleased with things when I started.  Nothing seemed to be working but then I left it and came back today to work on it and now I love it. 

I used one of the On the Edge borders and painted it gold and adhered it to the bottom.  I used the Holly Branch die, Mini Bird die and a branch die I had for the leaf branch.  I used bells for the berries and I cut out the word Joy from the big Christmas background stamp.  The bird I used Fired Brick Distress Ink to color and then added the Rock Candy distress crackle paint.  The holly is stamped with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink on canvas mounted on Grungeboard and cut out.  I am very happy with the results now.

No comments:

Post a Comment