Tuesday, October 18, 2011


Fall Technique Tag Class

Sunday September 25th was my Fall Tag Class,  (we decided to start calling the class tag technique boot camp). The ladies used alcohol inks, Distress Inks pads, Distress re-inkers, Archival Inks, Distress Crackle paint, Distress Stains, paint Dabbers, Distress embossing powder, and Studio Sticky Back Canvas.  

They learned how to make their own custom stamp pad with the re-inkers and cut n' dry felt pad. I showed them how to make wonderful layers of color for backgrounds with 3 different techniques with the alcohol inks. They distressed backgrounds with the Distress ink pads, made a haunted house with the Alterations Rickety House die cut, crackle paint and Distress ink pads.  I also showed  them how to make a canvas transfer using sticky back canvas, scrapbook paper and water.  All in all it was a very busy class.  I am glad I gave them all printed out instructions for each tag so they can go home and recreate what they did.

I think one of the favorite techniques was making plaid with alcohol inks and glossy paper.  The technique is so easy and the effect is stunning.  I am going to do this technique again for my October 2nd class.  I think I still have a couple of spaces open for this class.  If you are interested please call Wingdoodle and sign up.  Everyone seems to really enjoy these classes.  

I had people bing their lunch and we took about a 20 minute break and relaxed around the table and talked a little bit.  If you are signed up for any of my tag classes please bring a lunch or snack.  

I meant to take more pictures of the tags they created but there was no extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment